How much will it cost to hire a musician or band?
Cost of hiring live music will depend on a few factors. For example:
- Musicians and bands available in the local area
- How long you want the musicians to perform at your event
- If there will be a wait time after set-up
- Popular dates (i.e. New Year’s Eve, St. Patrick’s Day, Valentine’s Day etc.)
- If you have any additional requirements (i.e. DJ service, song requests etc.)
A typical price guide can be estimated at 150-200 GBP / USD / EUR per musician. This would be for local musicians performing approximately for 90 minutes (2 sets of 45 minute performances).
There are, however, cheaper and more expensive options.
If there is any travel or additional expenses involved the musicians would need to add them on to this cost.
Most musicians offer a free DJ service or to learn a special song for you at no additional cost. But additional requests may be something you need to keep in mind when estimating costs.